We want Game Maker games to have decent graphics… so here is my contribution. These are animated sprite sheets templates that you can base your own, I originally had some plans on making from it a sprite generator program (all with clothings, hairstyles, skin color, etc.) but I didn’t have much time and enough contributors.
I really don’t require that you give me credits (Although I’ll appreciate if you do), just finish a game with it. That’s all I could ask.
But mainly, I want beginners of GM to use these template as a means of placeholder sprites through their GameMaker learnings, it’s really a heart breaking to see a new comer give up on his game developing venture just because he/she has no animated sprites to use (other than those blocks, spheres, and stock sprites that came with GM).
You can still suggest any other type of animations you want to be added here, I’ll make them if I have free time.
Update as of July 8, 2014
– Added 4 animations (3 weapon wield attacks and pushing)
– Included is a .GMZ file so you can see some of the sprites in action using GM:Studio
Update as of November 11, 2015
– Added 5 animations (details)
Update as of October 5, 2019
– Added 4 animations (details)
– Modified introduction texts at the top (I have removed the bit about “Chumbuckets sprite” since the url link to that seems dead now)
Note: I will no longer update the old download link with the GMZ demo. I will start hosting the files here in this site. Also no GMZ demo for now, but I may probably create a new Game Maker file demo in the future with all the animations demonstrated.